Various Directorates of the Hospital
Trauma & Orthopedics
Dr. Dominic Konadu-Yeboah
Head of Directorate
Directorate of Trauma and Orthopaedics is one the Clinical Directorates of the Hospital. It is mandated to undertake the following services:
- Provision of specialist surgery care
- Training undergraduate medical student and postgraduates in surgery
- Conducting research
The Directorate is also accredited by the
- Ghana College of Physician and Surgeons (GCPS),
- The West African College of Surgeons, (WACS)
- The Ghana College of Nurses and Nurses and Midwives, (GCNW)
for the training of resident doctors (both Membership and Fellowship) and nurses in surgery.
Vision of the Directorate
Provide excellent Trauma/Orthopaedic and emergency services comparable to international standards”.
Mission of the Directorate
To provide the best quality surgical care through skills and capacity improvement of all our health personnel.
STRUCTURE AND ORGANOGRAM OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM
The Directorate is managed by a 6-member Management Team comprising the Head, Lead Clinician, Nurse Manager, Pharmacy Manager, Business Manager and the Accountant.
(Mr. Victor Owusu Kodua)
|HEAD OF DIRECTORATE|
(Ms. Vida Rose Frimpong)
(Mr. Michael Asenso)
(Mr. Emmanuel A. Abankoro)
(Dr. Raphael Quartey)
Our specialties include:
- Adult joint Arthroplasty (Joint replacement & surgeries)
- Paediatric Orthopaedics and Trauma
- Adult General Orthopaedics and Trauma
- Arthroscopy and Sports Medicine
- Clubfoot and Limb Deformities Management
- A & E Theatre
- Plaster Room
The Directorate runs specialist services at CR 9. From Monday to Friday
WARD SERVICE AREAS
Plaster (Pop) room at A & E Center
Directorate meetings are held every morning from 8am -9.00am to take stock of activities and plan ahead. In addition to this, special meetings are organized as and when it is necessary.
Both Clinical and non-clinical meetings are held within these periods. Directorate management meetings are held once every month.
HUMAN RESOURCE SITUATION
|CATEGORY OF STAFF||NUMBER|
|Hon. Senior Specialist||1|
|Senior Medical Officers||0|
|Residents from other hospitals||5|
|Dep. Dir. Nursing Services||2|
|Prin. Nursing Officers||6|
|Prin. Midwifery Officer||6|
|Senior Nursing Officers||5|
|Senior Staff Nurses||21|
|Health Care Assistants||14|
|Health Services Administrator||1|
|Dep. Dir Pharm Services||1|
The Directorate currently has active collaborations with the following partners in the areas of research and service:
- The Directorate is working with the following institutions:
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, AAOS, USA
- University of California, San Francisco, UCSF, San Francisco General Hospital orthopaedic Centre.
- University of Utah Orthopaedic Centre, Utah, USA.
- Health Volunteers Overseas, HVOs, USA.
- O. Alliance Foundation, AOAF, Switzerland.
- Apollo Group of Hospital, India.
HOD’s Office: 03220-22301 EXT (802) 2038