Various Directorates of the Hospital
ORAL HEALTH DIRECTORATE
Head of Directorate
The vision of the Directorate is to become a centre of excellence in clinical care, training of professionals and clinical research into Oral Health conditions and a trusted partner for Oral Health.
The Directorate is charged to
- Provide general and specialist care for diseases and ailment of Oro-facial region
- Provide grounds for post-graduate training and update of skills for nurses, doctors and other paramedical staff in Oral Health
- Provide facilities for research into health problems
To provide the best quality of oral healthcare to meet the needs of our clients through well motivated and skillful health personnel.
STRUCTURE AND ORGANOGRAM OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM
The Directorate is managed by a 6-member Management Team comprising the Head, Lead Clinician, Nurse Manager, Pharmacy Manager, Business Manager and the Accountant.
- Oral Diagnosis and Community Dentistry
- Orthodontics & Paediatric Dentistry
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Restorative Dentistry
The Directorate runs specialist services in all the units from Monday to Saturday as well as public holidays and emergencies.
- Prosthodontic Laboratory
- Central Sterile Services Department (CSSD)
WARD SERVICE AREAS
The respective units have their morning clinical meetings weekly for presentations/seminars and general discussions. In addition to this, special meetings are organized as and when it is necessary. Directorate management meetings are held once every month.
TRAINING AND ACCREDITATIONS
- Ghana College of Physician and Surgeons (GCPS),
- The West African College of Surgeons, (WACS) – in process
- The Ghana College of Nurses and Nurses and Midwives, (GCNW)
The Directorate currently has active collaborations with the following partners in the areas of training, research and service:
- Partners in Africa Cleft Training (PACT)
Collaboration between Ghana (Ghana Cleft Foundation & KATH multidisciplinary clinic) and Seattle Children’s Hospital, USA.
Nigeria, Ethiopia and Liberia are involved. Meet once a year
- KATH – ALABAMA Craniofacial collaboration
The University of Alabama in Birmingham and children of Alabama Hospital collaborating with KATH Cleft Palate and craniofacial team to build capacity and establish a craniofacial centre in Ghana
Meet once a year (May or September)
HELP SAVE A LIFE
Donate Blood at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Blood Bank today and help save lives.
That life could be yours
SUPPORT KATH ENDOWMENT FUND
Support Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Endowment Fund
Bank Account Number
Fidelity Bank : 1300031981548
Ecobank : 0219104402432601