Various Directorates of the Hospital
Anaesthesia & Intensive Care
Dr. Sanjeev Singh
Head of Directorate
The Directorate of Anaesthesia and Intensive Care is one of the Clinical Directorates responsible for:
- Provision of Anaesthetic services for surgical patients (pre-operative, intra-operative and post-operative).
- Management of Intensive Care Units and Theatre Recovery Wards.
- Management of emergencies including cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Management of acute and chronic pain.
- Intensive Care
- Pain Management
STRUCTURE AND MEMBERSHIP
The Directorate is run by the Head of Directorate with six (6) Management members, who are:
- Lead Clinician
- Nurse Manager
- Chief Physician Assistant
- Business Manager
The Directorate Management Team meets once a month.
MEMBERSHIP OF THE MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Sanjeev Singh – Head of Directorate
- Nana Addo Boateng – Lead Clinician
- Delphina Obeng – Nurse Manager
- Samuel A. Assibi – Chief Certified Registered Anaesthetist
- Anthony Kwaku King – Pharmacist
- Frank Boachie Boateng – Business Manager
- Roselyn Aning – Accountant
- FUNCTIONS AND SERVICES
- Provide pre-operative assessment services
- Prepare and administer anaesthesia to patients
- Manage critically ill patients
- Manage post-operative patients effectively
- Conduct mortality and critical incidence meetings
- Conduct weekly clinical and quality assurance meetings
- Provide acute and chronic pain management services
- Conduct Research
- A & E Theatre (Anaesthesia)
- A & E Theatre Recovery Ward
- Intensive Care Unit
- NAKSA Theatre (Anaesthesia)
- NAKSA Theatre Recovery Ward
- Main Theatre (Anaesthesia)
- Main Theatre Recovery Ward
- Poly Theatre (Anaesthesia)
- Poly Theatre Recovery Ward
- Anaesthesia Clinic
- Eye Centre Theatre
- Eye Centre Recovery Ward
- Obstetrics and Gynaecology Special Ward Theatre
The Directorate has a total of 192 human resource personnel with the following breakdown:
- Consultants – 3
- Senior Specialist – 1
- Specialists – 11 (including 6 Senior Residents)
- Junior Residents – 2
Certified Registered Anaesthetist – 51
Nurses – 100
Pharmacists – 2
Pharmacy Technician – 1
Health Care Assistants – 20
Orderlies – 4
Accountant – 1
Administrative Manager – 1
Biostatistics Records Assistant – 1
Health Services Administrator – 1
- Training of Senior and Junior Residents for Ghana College of Physicians and Surgeons and West African College of Surgeons.
- Training of Doctors in the West African sub-region in Regional Nerve Block in collaboration with World Federation of Societies of Anesthesiologists.
- Effects of modular training in Infection Control in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), KATH.
- Profile of ICU admissions.
DIRECTORATE CLINIC DAYS
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays (for Anaesthesia Assessment Clinic).
NAMES AND NATURE OF LOCAL AND INTERNATIONAL PARTNER ORGANIZATIONS
Collaboration with Kansas University in the training of Doctors in Regional Nerve Block (GRACE Program).
CALENDAR OF UPCOMING EVENTS AND ACTIVITIES
GRACE program in June 2019.