· Provide care and protection to abandoned babies.
· Liaise with approved residential homes such as the Bekwai Destitute Infirmary, Rehabilitation
Centres, Kumasi Children's Home and other approved Orphanages.
· Liaise with other institutions such as Family Tribunal and Juvenile courts, Police Financial Institutions,
as well as the general public, with the aim of achieving a desirable goal for our clientele.
· Trace patients who abscond from the ward while receiving treatment due to socio-economic
· Assist patients requiring emergency treatment whose relatives cannot be immediately known.
· Assist patients who have personal problems such as maintenance of house, job security and other
domestic problems while on admission.
· Provide assistance to patients who in the view of the medical team will have difficulty continuing
medication at home.
· Offer help to other health workers who have domestic and inter-personal relationship problems.
· Assist patients requiring emergency treatment whose relatives cannot be immediately traced or
· Assist patients officially discharged but unable to leave the hospital due to chronic, infirmity,
destitution or abandonment by family members.
· Assist students pursuing social work courses to undergo field work practicum.
The unit works in partnership with various organizations and institutions; both local and international. These include:
· The Police (Domestic Violence and Victim Support Unit) assists the unit with legal issues concerning
defilement, rape, domestic violence, etc.
· The Bekwai Destitute Infirmary assists the unit by admitting destitute patients who are discharged
from the hospital.
· The Kumasi Children's Home and other approved residential homes admit babies for care, protection,
development and adoption.
· The unit also assists the Family Tribunal courts to investigate issues of paternity.
· The Attorney General's Department and the Commission on Human Rights & Administrative Justice
aids the unit with issues on human rights abuses.
E-mail : email@example.com