As a dynamic set-up, management re-organized the Directorate, aimed at ensuring efficiency
and effectiveness in the performance of its duties.
The Directorate was therefore restructured into five main blocks namely, Biomedical
Engineering, Estate Management, Plants and Machinery, Environmental Health and Administration.
The mission of the Directorate is to provide effective and efficient maintenance support
to the physical infrastructure, equipment and plant; service installations and
Rational Acquisition of equipment, plant and infrastructure.
DIRECTORATE MANAGEMENT TEAM:
The Directorate is being run by a six-member management team namely:
GEORGE TETTEH AG. HEAD OF DIRECTORATE - 0246762762
DR. AHMED YACUB HEAD, BIOMEDICAL ENGINEERING - 0243556358
FREDERICK OPPONG HEAD, ESTATES - 0244730526
JOSEPHINE ASARE HEAD, ENVIRONMENTAL HEALTH - 0203724589
GREGORY PETERS HEAD, MECHANICAL UNIT - 0244972906
SAMPSON GYAMFI ACCOUNTANT - 0208153096
- Planned preventive maintenance on buildings, fixtures, plant, machinery and equipment
- Servicing of sewerage lines in the hospital as well as hospital rented apartments.
- Renovation of hospital/residential buildings.
- Waste management and weed/pest control, general cleanliness of hospital compound.
- Co-ordinate cleaning/janitorial services.
- Repair, installation and maintenance of air-conditioners, kitchen and mortuary cold rooms.
- Repair and fabricate patient trolleys, screens etc.
- Maintenance of lift system
- Maintenance of Oxygen plant, air compressors, incinerator, boiler plant etc.
- Planned preventive maintenance of all medical equipment/devices.
- Supervision, monitoring and evaluation of maintenance services rendered and projects executed by external agencies for the hospital.
- Provision of technical advice to management on maintenance procedures, project appraisals,
PICTURES OF SOME TECHNICAL SERVICES ACTIVITIES: