As a dynamic set-up, management re-organized the Directorate in the last quarter of 2005, aimed at ensuring efficiency and effectiveness in the performance of its duties. The Directorate was therefore restructured into three main blocks namely, Biomedical Engineering, Estate Management and Plants and Machinery.
The mission of the Directorate is to provide effective and efficient maintenance support to the physical infrastructure, equipment and plant and service installations and ensure Rational Acquisition of equipment and plant.
The Directorate pursues the above stated mission through the following:
· Restoration of breakdowns and interruptions in services (corrective maintenance).
· Planned Preventive Maintenance (PPM).
· Maintenance and updating of equipment and facilities inventory database and documentation of jobs
· Spare parts and maintenance consumables specification and the technical stores control.
· Monitoring and evaluation of maintenance services rendered and projects executed by external agencies
for the hospital.
· Provision of technical advice to management development of Maintenance procedures.