THE MULTIPLE AWARD WINNING SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT UNIT OF KATH
The Supply Chain Management Unit (SCMU) of KATH was established in 2001 by the current Deputy Director-SCM, Mr. S. Owusu- Afriyie during the time of former Chief Executive Dr. Anthony Nsiah Asare.
The Unit was established as part of the Hospital management’s strategies of:
- Achieving value for money (VFM).
- Ensuring Economy and transparency in the use of public funds.
- Ensuring continuous availability of goods and services.
- Enhancing the operations of the hospital’s healthcare delivery.
Since its establishment, the Unit has grown from strength to strength under the offices of past Chief Executives ranging from the terms of Dr. Anthony Nsiah Asare, Prof. Ohene Adjei, Dr. Joseph Akpaloo and the current CEO Dr. Oheneba Owusu- Danso.
The Unit has won several awards and laurels in various categories.
In 2008, the Unit received an award as a center of Excellence in Public Procurement by the Public Procurement Authority (PPA) Ghana.
The Supply Chain Management Unit was successfully designated as the Centre of Excellence in the Public Sector Procurement in 2008 by Public Procurement Authority (PPA).
At the 2nd Ghana Procurement and Supply Chain Awards held in 2019, KATH Supply Chain Management Unit received an award in the following categories:
- Best in Public Procurement and Supply Chain Compliance(Silver Award)
- Procurement and Supply Chain Team of the Year, Public Sector(Bronze)
- Excellence in Procurement and Supply Chain Health Care(Silver)
- S. Owusu- Afriyie, Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management Unit, KATH was also selected among the best Twenty (20) Procurement Specialist in Ghana.
The awards were received on behalf of the hospital by Dr. Oheneba Owusu-Danso (CEO) and Mr. Fred Effah- Yeboah (Director of Administration)
Below are the awards in pictures:
In addition to the above awards, at the maiden Ghana Procurement and Supply Chain Awards held in 2018, KATH Supply Chain Management Unit received awards in the following categories:
- Public Procurement and Supply Chain Team of the year
- Best in Public Procurement and Supply Chain Compliance
- Excellence in Procurement and Supply Chain Management of the year: Health Care/ Pharmaceuticals.
Mr. S. Owusu- Afriyie, Deputy Director, Supply Chain Management Unit, KATH was also selected among the Twenty (20) Top Procurement Specialist in Ghana.
The Public Procurement Authority (PPA) has for some years now declared KATH as a Centre of Excellence in the public procurement practice.
DEPUTY DIRECTOR AND SECTIONAL HEADS OF SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT UNIT
Mr. Sampson Owusu-Afriyie- MBA, Bsc. Admin, FCIPS, FGIPS, MILT, MGIM, MAHSAG, MCSCMP (USA)
Deputy Director-Supply Chain Management
Tel: +233-208173954/ +233-243829658
Mr. Peter Nsiah- MCIPS, MSc. Supply Chain Management, BSc. Purchasing & Supply
Head, Pharmaceuticals Section
Mr. Oppong Kusi Mensah-, MBA-Supply Chain Management & Logistics
Head, Non-Medicine Consumables, ICT & Equipment Section
Mr. Kwaku Sarfo Kantanka – MCIPS, BSc. ADM., Adv. Diploma, HND (P&S)
Head, Management Information Systems/MIS
Mr. Joseph Opoku- Agyemang-
MCIPS, MSC, HND
Head, Stores and Distribution Services
Mr. Emmanuel Owusu -Bempah- HND, BBA, MBA, CMILT, MGIPS
Head, Civil Works, Maintenance Services and Logistics Section