HUMAN RESOURCES UNIT, KATH
Human Resource Management used to be centralized at the Ministry of Health Headquarters, Accra till the enactment of Ghana Health and Teaching hospitals Act 525 that established the autonomy of the Teaching Hospital and the Ghana Health Service. When the Act became operational, the Ghana Health Service handled the human resources issues of the Teaching Hospitals until December 2001 when the hospital set up its Human Resource Management Unit. It then collected all the personnel files of its staff from the Human Resource Directorate of the Ghana Health service.
The Unit began with the building of information on staff. Mr. E.F. Afari (CPO deceased), Mrs. Georgina Yeboah (Head, HR) and Mr. Kofi Boateng (Technical Officer, Health Information – resigned) were the staff used to start the Unit. The staff strength of the hospital then was about 1,600. It is now 3,541.
The then In-Service Training Unit (ISTU) and Nursing Administration (which was handling nursing personnel issues) became part of HR Unit in early 2002.
Since its establishment, the Unit has gone through various stages to become what it is today – from initially two to seven Sections to improve efficiency. It is also an undeniable fact that the Unit has lived up to an appreciable level of expectation though it works at continuously improving its services.
To make Komfo Anokye Hospital the preferred employer in the Health Sector through excellent human resource management.
To ensure that there are appropriate, adequate, well motivated and productive Human Resource in all areas in the hospital.
MEMBERSHIP OF MANAGEMENT TEAM
- Mrs Georgina Yeboah – Deputy Director, HRM
- Charles Agyekum – Monitoring and Evaluation Manager
- Yehuza Jawula – Compensation Manager
- Alexander Papa Asare Dua – Employment Service/ Employee Relations Manager
- Pastor Anthony Kofi Oduro – Employee Performance Management Manager
- Mrs Faith Boakye Otoo -Training and Development Manager
- Patrick Anim – Human Resource Information Manager
- KEY FUNCTIONS
- HR Policies, guidelines, plans and strategies development and implementation/dissemination
- Recruitment and Selection
- Personnel records maintenance
- Promotion of staff
- Posting of staff
- Employee Performance Management
- Implementation and administration of employee training and development programmes
- Salaries and benefits processing
- Advisory services to management and employees
- Handling of disciplinary issues and grievances
- Staff welfare
- SECTIONS AND THEIR SERVICES
- Human Resource Information:
Maintenance and management of personnel records/database
- Employment Services
Responsible for Appointments (internal and external recruitments) and monitoring of performance of staff on probation.
- Training and Development
Responsible for coordinating training and development programmes and providing advisory services to line managers on training and development.
- Employee Performance management
Responsible for Staff Promotions, provision of advisory and support services to staff and line managers on employee performance management
- Compensation Management
Responsible for salaries and related issues
- Employee Relations
Responsible for staff welfare, provision of advisory and support services to line managers and staff on best practice employee relations and Disciplinary, grievance and separation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
Responsiblefor the preparation of Unit plans and budgets and monitoring implementation
- STAFF STRENGTH
The unit has 16 staff. This number is made up of the Head, Human Resource Managers, Administrative Managers, Statistician and support staff.
- CONTACT ADDRESS/PHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL ADDRESS
Office 050 070 9523 firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
- CALENDER OF UPCOMING ACTIVITIES OF THE UNIT
- International Women’s Day on Friday 8th March 2019