Various Units of the Hospital
Mr. Thomas Kwarfo
Head of Unit
The Internal Audit function of KATH was initially performed by Accounts staff from Controller and Accountant General’s Department who checked on the financial aspect of the Hospital’s activities. KATH’s Internal Audit was initiated in November 1995, with three (3) staff posted from the Accountant General’s Department. The Internal Audit became officially recognised following the passage of Ghana Health Service and Teaching Hospital’s Act of 1996, Act 525.
The Act required the Teaching Hospital Board to appoint an Internal Auditor. The existence of Internal Audit Unit in the hospital set up was boosted upon the passage of Internal Audit Agency Act, Act 658 of 2003 and Internal Audit Regulations 2011 L.I. 1994 formalizing the structure and activities of Internal Audit. The Unit currently is made up of eleven (11) staff. In line with the practice in the public sector, KATH Internal Audit reports to the Chief Executive officer of the hospital. Copies of Internal Audit reports are sent to the Hospital’s Audit Reports Implementation Committee (ARIC), Director General of Internal Audit Agency among others.
The Unit is governed by Internal Audit Charter, Audit Manual approved by the Hospital Board as well as the Acts and Regulations mentioned above.
KATH Internal Audit assesses effectiveness of the Hospital’s Risk Management, Control and Governance process. The Unit consists of the under mentioned sections and performs the functions mentioned below:
- Planned Audit and Risk Management: This section executes approved risk based annual audit plan and assesses risk management practices in the hospital.
- Human Resource Related Correspondence and Controls – The section is tasked with review of controls bothering on salary administration and employment related correspondences.
- Revenue – Revenue section is responsible for routine revenue pre-audit, provision of assurance on lodgement of cash collections and execution of audits on Accounts Receivables.
- Payments – Responsible for execution of payments pre-audits and follow up on extraordinary payments.
- Procurement and Verification – Responsible for the initial review of contract documents and assuring management that, deliveries to stores conform to contracts/donations policy.
- Regulatory Affairs: The section among others is responsible for handling ARIC Related referrals, acts as a link between the Internal Audit Unit and regulatory bodies, and executes post payment reviews.
The Managers responsible for above sections constitute Internal Audit Management team.
Internal Audit Unit of the hospital works closely with Internal Audit Agency, Ghana Audit Service and Ministry of Health Internal Audit.
HELP SAVE A LIFE
Donate Blood at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Blood Bank today and help save lives.
That life could be yours
SUPPORT KATH ENDOWMENT FUND
Support Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Endowment Fund
Bank Account Number
Fidelity Bank : 1300031981548
Ecobank : 0219104402432601